Kingdom Come: Deliverance has had great post-launch dev support from Warhorse Studios in the form of very large patches to address KC:D’s most persistent problems and even to add new content. Patch 1.4 does both.
Over 200 major bugs were fixed in patch 1.4 according to Warhorse and they’ve also added a different hair and beard system for Henry – you can finally customize some of the finer aspects of everyone’s favorite Bohemian protagonist. Getting Henry a haircut isn’t simply cosmetic either. Everyone knows you’re more charismatic when you’re freshly cut and shaved, Henry is no different and will receive a temporary boost to his charisma after a fresh trim.
Here’s a short list of the fixes and changes:
- New Hair and Beard mechanics.
- Customize your style in bathhouses and gain extra charisma with freshly cut hair.
- Unarmed mercy kill added for a more “subtile” way to solve quests.
- Real Easter eggs added. The hunt for the golden egg can begin!
- Traditional Czech Easter-themed weapon to be found, called “Pomlázka”.
- Resurrection day is upon us! Some NPCs that have died due to the physics glitches have risen from their graves.
- Fixed problems with the “Mightier than the Sword” quest related to the scribe.
- Rattay archery competition works on advanced difficulty.
- Fixed save issue for the “House of God” quest.
In terms of size, the 1.4 patch was a 10.7GB download for me, but others have reported it being as big as 27GB.
Warhorse has also decided to drop a free DLC at the same time as patch 1.4 in the form of a HD texture and audio pack. I haven’t actually tested the HD pack yet, but it’s boasted to enhance both the visual and audio experience of Kingdom Come: Deliverance. The HD audio pack is available for all three voiceover languages (English, German, and French).